Sunday 18 January 2009

I'm going to be a runner!


Luke was intending to run for the Meningitis charity as his friend Charlie contracted this disease a year or so ago. Charlie survived and, I am told, is making progress but it has apparently been a long hard road for him.
Luke had to wait to be accepted by the Meningitis charity but was finally given the go-ahead last week and he signed up for the run on Saturday (yesterday). You can donate to Luke at http://www.justgiving.com/lukeseall

So, I have now signed up as well and I will be running as well. It can't be that hard can it?

I spent an hour or so trying to find out what sort of shoes I need to do this properly. Several people have now advised me that I need the right shoes and as far as I can see, they are going to cost £40 plus! Ouch!
I guess you need the right tools for the job so tomorrow or the next day, I will go to the horrible discount sports wear shop in Weymouth to see what I can find.
I haven't done any actual running yet. For one thing, I hurt my foot a couple of weeks ago and it is still very tender. Hopefully, it will heal up soon. I've been trying to work out how I'm going to fit some regular training slots into my already crowded week. At the moment I'm thinking that around 5pm most evenings in the week would be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment