Tuesday 10 February 2009

Snow go this week

What a week for weather, eh? It has played havoc with my training schedule. I only managed Thursday last week and it was Tuesday (this evening) when I finally managed to get out again. Needless to say, I was not perfectly toned. I stuck to the 60 second run/90 second walk X 8 regime. That is - run 60 seconds, walk 90 seconds and repeat eight times. I can't believe how breathless I am after just 60 seconds of running. Well, it's OK the 1st and maybe 2nd 60 second spells but by the time I'm on the 7th and 8th, I'm pretty knackered..
There must have been 20 other people running on my race track this evening. They have all presumably been in the same situation weatherwise and have chosen the first reasonable evening to get out there and burn some rubber. I'm hoping to get Wednesday and Thursday in as well. Won't get back from Swansea until 8pm on Thursday. So, hoping for some reasonable weather.

1 comment:

  1. Have you experienced the concept of "second wind" yet?? - just thinking about the breathless thing.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_wind

    ReplyDelete