Friday 15 May 2009

Sofa Legs

Ok, I've been really sloppy since my Easter Saturday race. And, it was apparently a quarter marathon, not a 10k. I understand a QM is slightly longer than 10k.
Although I went running on a couple of occasions the week after the race, we were away for about a week after that, and then another week went by with stuff getting in the way and suddenly, sofa legs!
With less determination than I would really like to have had, I went out about 10 days ago. The weather wasn't very nice, no sun, bit breezy. It didn't go well. After about 2k I was exhausted and had to walk. Felt rather depressed. The next one a couple of days later was only marginally better.
Monday this week, I had to do it and do it properly. I aimed for about 4k. It was very windy but the wind was behind me on the outward stretch. I reached the 2k mark and thought, "What the hell"! So, I ran to the 3k mark. I knew it would be tough running against the wind on the return and by god, it was. Sand blowing in my face, mouth, everywhere but I made it without stopping and felt suitably knackered.
Went again on Wednesday and did the same run without any wind. That was good. Planning to go this evening (Friday) but it is pouring with rain so might no make it.
Have to get a 10k in before the BUPA 10k on Monday 25th so the pressure is going to be on next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment