Monday 18 May 2009

So, it's tutus all round then?

Six days left until the London BUPA 10k. I've started ramping up my training this week. Luke just did one 10k run as a kind of warm up, 10 days ahead of the race and that's it!. I have to keep at it because if I don't get out there almost every other day, everything seems to fall apart. Just shows what a 30 odd year age difference makes, hey?
Speaking to Greg at the weekend, he believes Luke has a tutu for him. Luke confirmed this yesterday and also told me that he's got one for me as well. This is probably just as well because I made a bit of a blunder with my race entry.

When I filled out the online entry form, it asked how long I was expecting to take to complete the race. This was back in January, before I had actually started running. Not having any idea, and not thinking that the answer would have any significance, I put 2 hours. Some weeks later when talking to John, I happened to mention this. He advised me to call them and get it changed. He said that the starting position was determined by this time and this would put me right at the back.

For various reasons, I didn't get through to them until last week, by which time it was too late. The stuff arrived on Friday confirming that I would be starting with the last wave. My number is in the 13,000s and there are 15,000 runners. So, I should be in good company with all the comedy chicken outfits and polar bear suits.
I also need to start ramping up my fund raising. so friends, beware. Sorry in advance folks, but it is for a good cause.

I will try to get enough photos on the day to do a MapVivo.com trip. If you haven't tried it, do have a look
.

No comments:

Post a Comment